Other Amway Churchianity Considerations
- Even George Mueller came to believe as he studied Ephesians 4 and Romans 12 that people should be given an opportunity to speak freely in their meetings—whether they wished to testify, exhort, or teach—as the Holy Spirit led them. [Heroes of the Faith: page 33]
- Here are a few scriptures that should help in seeing the type of environment you should try to nurture:
Preferring one another = Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Romans 12:10
Condescending to those considered to be of low estate = Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Romans 12:16
Not thinking more highly of oneself = For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3
- Look to help develop a receptive culture for exhortation, especially embracing loving and brotherly rebuke which is desperately needed but so absent among Christians today.
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
- TML support
- If you would like my wife and me to personally help you out in your endeavor, then please keep in touch.
- We would love to help you in building the framework for guiding your church to become a true church of fellowship.